Most oriental rugs imported in the U.S. during the mid-20th century were heavily dyed which prevented them from shining like jewels. While most carpets have fibers that are overdyed, various color finishes enhance color and increase value.
A decade ago, burgundy and other deep hues were the colors of choices for rugs. However, in today’s market, a more antique appearance is desirable. This look can be achieved by a process called stripping.
What Is Rug Stripping?
The stripping process allows us to achieve a very desirable aged color and look with a permanent reduction of pigment strength (10 to 40 percent). This process is inspired by the colors of true antique rugs.
- Burgundy transforms into coral, salmon or brown/red.
- Indigo changes to much lighter blue.
- Green becomes yellow/green.
- Beige adjusts to a light brown.
- Yellow shifts to gold.
Rug Stripping Benefits
- Results in softer, translucent, true antique colors.
- Creates an unusual and much more expensive look – the color appears aged and uncommon, like an authentic and rare antique.
- Eliminates color inconsistencies.
Please feel free to contact us at 800-RUG-WASH or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We at Rug Wash maintain the highest standards. We perform a thorough final inspection to each and every rug. Our goal is customer satisfaction. We don’t hesitate to repeat any steps that might be necessary to provide you with the best results possible. It’s that final touch that means so much.
- FREE Estimates
- FREE Pickup & Delivery
- Certified Technicians
- Fully Licensed & Insured
Rug Wash, Inc. serves nationwide. Contact us for a location near you (800) 784-9274