Tips For Maintaining Your Carpet(s)
Accidents happen all the time; if you spill coffee, tea or other liquids on your carpets, one of the best ways to maintain your carpet, is to tend to it right away. Just by dabbing your carpet with a wet cloth and using mild soap you can lighten the stain and this will make your carpet last longer.
Typical maintenance for a carpet includes:
1. The best way to ensure long–lasting beauty, comfort and durability in your carpet is to vacuum it regularly, as it prevents soil from becoming embedded in the carpet’s pile.
2. Depending on the type of carpet you have, you’ll want to use a vacuum with a rotating brush, a beater bar or suction only.
3. When vacuuming high pile or premium soft carpets look for the following features that will allow you to easily maintain your carpet:
– Adjustable Height – Use the highest setting where appropriate
– Efficient Airflow – Avoid vacuums with very concentrated or sealed suction
– Large Wheels allow the appliance to glide easily across the carpet
4. Consider professional cleaning every 12–18 months, depending on traffic and other use factors, frequency of vacuuming and whether the carpet is a light or dark color.
5. Use scissors to clip sprouts and snags; do not pull them or you may damage the carpet.
6. To remove a dent caused by heavy furniture, stroke carpet with the edges of a coin. You can also use a hair dryer or a steam iron to gently raise the dented area while you tug upward on the tufts.
CAUTION: DO NOT LET THE IRON TOUCH THE CARPET
7. If your carpet is burned, remove the tops of the dark, burnt fibers with curved fingernail scissors. If the burn is extensive, the carpet may require patching or replacement.
We at Rug Wash maintain the highest standards. We perform a thorough final inspection to each and every rug. Our goal is customer satisfaction. We don’t hesitate to repeat any steps that might be necessary to provide you with the best results possible. It’s that final touch that means so much.
- FREE Estimates
- FREE Pickup & Delivery
- Certified Technicians
- Fully Licensed & Insured
Rug Wash, Inc. serves nationwide. Contact us for a location near you (800) 784-9274