Shearing (Shaving) A Rug
About Shearing (Shaving) Rugs
We use state of the art machines to shave rugs to the exact thickness desired. Our machines contain a memory function which allows us to shave a number of rugs a certain way.
Why Shave A Rug?
2. Over time, wearing of the rug causes the design to appear dull, by light shaving, we can bring back the original bright design.
3. Shearing is also used to thin out rugs which a number of customers prefer.
4. New rugs are shaved to give it an older look.
5. Some people like to shave their rugs unevenly to have a certain area appear more worn.
6. Once a rug is weaved, shearing is performed to make the pile even.
7. A part of the rug may have a high traffic area and may appear to be more worn then the rest of the rug.
8. Shearing helps remove fuzz from the rug. We shave the top of the rug fiber, which makes the rug design clearer and eliminates the fuzz. This process also leaves the rug with a glossy finish.
How To Shear (Shave) A Rug
We at Rug Wash maintain the highest standards. We perform a thorough final inspection to each and every rug. Our goal is customer satisfaction. We don’t hesitate to repeat any steps that might be necessary to provide you with the best results possible. It’s that final touch that means so much.
- FREE Estimates
- FREE Pick-Up & Delivery
- FREE Drop-Off
- NO Mileage Charges
- NO Hidden Charges
- Certified technicians
- Fully Licensed, Insured and Bonded
Rug Wash, Inc. is located in New York City but offer our services nationwide. Contact us for more information (800) 784-9274
Click here to subscribe